As an affiliated agency of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, the Fund Development Support Specialist will enhance the agency’s presence in the community and provide donor development support within the fund development program in consultation and collaboration with the Director of Engagement. This position will assist with the planning and execution of fundraising opportunities, tracking agency progress in regard to fund development and enhancing the agency’s consistent presence in the community.
- Track in-kind and monetary donations, pull reports to analyze trends and create best practices.
- Oversee gift entry and donor acknowledgement facilitation.
- Serve as the agency’s main point of contact for all things related to peer-to-peer fundraising sites, annual giving platforms, recurring donors and beyond.
- Collaborating with the Fund Development Team, plan, organize and support fundraising events.
- Collaborating with the Fund Development Team, strategize to create and grow a Monthly Giving Program.
- Collaborating with the Fund Development Team, strategize and establish donor cultivation, engagement and stewardship through print and digital messaging and solicitation and direct mail campaigns.
- Enhance and grow community partnerships to support organization events and program participants.
- Make donation solicitations with current/potential donors via telephone call or personal meeting.
- Draft donor acknowledgment letters and correspondence.
Community Engagement Support
- Increase social media presence by assisting in managing agency web-based efforts including website, all social media.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine, plan and communicate marketing priorities.
- Develop and create key agency collateral materials (print and promotional) and communication pieces.
- Maintain knowledge of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America brand and marketing/PR opportunities, and when applicable, activate and incorporate locally.
- Track metrics to determine an increase in post engagement, followers, reach, consistency, interactions, etc.
- Facilitate and manage donor database via various methods of communication to cultivate donor engagement.
- Manage in-kind donation program.
- Manage donor information and donation tracing in CRM platform Salesforce.
- Establish and promote positive communication among all team members of BBBSSCI to increase collaborations and reduce inefficiencies.
- Always represent BBBSSCI in a professional manner, providing courteous service to both internal and external constituents and presenting a positive image of BBBSSCI.
- Assist and facilitate agency fundraising and program events as needed.
- Abide by BBBSSCI policies and practices.
- Other duties as assigned to support agency goals.
Evaluation of Performance
- All employees are subject to a 90 worked day probationary period. Upon successful completion of 90 worked days employees may be eligible for agency benefits.
- Performance will be evaluated based on meeting the requirements of the job description; meeting performance metrics and other quality indicators established for this position; working effectively in a team environment; and demonstrating the values of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana.
Experience, Education, Degrees and Licenses
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Must have exceptional writing, research, communication, and intuition.
- Proficient with computers, social media platforms, and MS Office Suite.
- Comfortable and familiar with telecommunication.
- Ability to maintain deadlines, calendars, and general office tasks.
- Pervious work experience with customer service, sales, service industry or non-profit work preferred.
- Must be able to work proficiently with computers and other office equipment.
- Must be able to pass a background check consisting of National Sex Offender, Criminal History, and driving.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Available to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Must follow all CDC/Monroe County Health Guidelines.
Physical demands/Work environment
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect through a DEI, social justice, and anti-racist lens.
- An excellent health benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental coverage.
- Must be able to work 15 hours per week, and occasional events.
- Work schedule Tue/Wed/Fri 11 am to 4 pm.
- An opportunity to work with and meet our youth, families, volunteers, and donors.
- Must be able to work in an office environment, low noise level, with some bending, sitting, and minimal lifting.